Saving Money on Your Business’s Lighting Upgrades in 2021
Running a business isn’t cheap and powering a business can become especially costly without energy efficient lighting. But what if you could save money on your utility bills AND on installing new lighting in your business with potentially zero cost to you? Keep reading for more!
How to Save Through Puget Sound Energy Rebates
To help reduce utility bills and encourage energy-saving alternatives, PSE is offering rebates to help businesses save on project costs. These rebate programs could cover up to 100% of the cost for installations and materials needed for the project, plus save you money on your utility bill each month.
To qualify for a money saving rebates program, you must:
- Be a Puget Sound Energy customer that is served by a business rate.
- Submit an application(we will help with this step), with all necessary documentation, prior to starting your upgrade process.
Eligible Upgrades Through Rebates Program
Some upgrades that are eligible for Puget Sound Energy’s rebate program include:
- Swapping Non-A-Lamp incandescent lights and compact fluorescent lights for LED fixtures and lamp replacements.
- Switching from fluorescent lamps to new LED fixtures, retrofit kits, or TLED lamps.
- Switching out High-Intensity Discharge lamps (HID) for LED fixtures and lamp replacements.
- Changing out incandescent exit signs for LED signs.
- The installation of vacancy, occupancy, or daylight sensors as well as other advanced lighting controls.
Benefits of Upgrading the Lighting in Your Business
- Save Money: Even a simple switch to LED light bulbs can have a substantial impact on your wallet every month. LEDs can save your business up to $600+ annually.
- Save Energy: Only 10% of the energy from traditional incandescent bulbs is converted into actual light. That means that 90% of the energy is wasted and lost as heat. LEDs, on the other hand, are incredibly energy efficient and only 5% or less energy is lost.
- Less Hassle: Gone are the days of constantly having to switch out lights due to burnt out bulbs. With LED lights, the life expectancy is around 30 times longer than standard incandescent bulbs. Some LED lights can last over a decade depending on frequency of use.
- Better for the Environment: In addition to LEDs being significantly more energy efficient, they reduce the amount of waste in landfills due to their long lifespan. Less waste = a healthier planet for all.
- Boost workplace performance: While you may think lighting doesn’t factor into how your workplace functions day-to-day, think again! Studies have found that poor lighting in the
workplace can actually hinder motivation and concentration. The high-quality lighting that LEDs provide can not only boost performance but give your business a more professional look overall.
What Types of Upgrades Are Best?
If you’re looking to get the most out of your energy-saving upgrades, Tapps Electric recommends the following:
- Wall occupancy sensors: that detect when a space is unoccupied and automatically switch off lighting in that space.
- Timers and relays: that give you greater control of when and how your lights function.
- Daylight harvesting system: which automatically adjusts the amount of lighting used based on available daylight to the space.
- Room controllers: used to reduce energy consumption. These controllers contain a relay(s) that switch loads off and on as well as let you dim or brighten lights as needed in a specific room.
- Passive and active occupancy monitoring systems: that not only shut lights off when the space is empty, but also turn them on when someone enters the space.
- Programmable lighting controllers: which give you full control of your lighting by allowing you to determine lighting power for your business.
Why Choose Tapps Electric to Upgrade Your Lighting?
A licensed, bonded, and insured contractor you can count on, Tapps Electric’s group of union electricians are highly trained, educated and drug tested to ensure we’re employing only the best to serve our customers. Additionally, Tapps Electric provides warranties on installations as well as proper disposal of hazardous materials like fluorescent lamps and ballasts.
If you’re looking for the best electrician for the job, look no further than Tapps Electric! Give us a call today at (253) 344-4622 or visit the Tapps website to learn more about our services.